QPR v Leeds

Rick

Re: QPR v Leeds

Post by Rick »

4 - 0. Utterly pathetic. Too fuckin angry to analyse that but terrible from Farke and players bottled it too their passing has been awful and weak as fuck in the 50 50s.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

People knock Bamford but he's really been missed tonight.
Chair has looked good in a shit team every time I've seen him play.
Well worth a bid when the window opens.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm People knock Bamford but he's really been missed tonight.
Our record with him and without him this season (or any for that matter) speaks for itself. Piroe was not the answer though and that's on Farke.
Titman

Post by Titman »

What a time to post the most disgraceful performance of the season
Titman

Post by Titman »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm People knock Bamford but he's really been missed tonight.
Absolutely re Bamford but Chair should be in jail
Doesn’t hide from the fact tonight was absolutely woeful. You can say it’s on Farke but for me it’s on the players.
We’re on 90 points. Any other season, we’re up. But to dial in a performance like that is disgraceful.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 pm
Doesn’t hide from the fact tonight was absolutely woeful. You can say it’s on Farke but for me it’s on the players.
We’re on 90 points. Any other season, we’re up. But to dial in a performance like that is disgraceful.
To a point yes, but the tactics farke employs are so predictable. I’ve said all season we have fast paced forwards, why play out so slowly allowing defences to get back and crowd them out, Why keep playing the ball behind the forwards? Why not for them to run onto? Why not play Archie at full back when it’s worked all season? Why persist with Piroe? It was clear from day one he can poach a bit but his work rate doesnt fit the requirement of farkes shitty tactics.
We won’t win play offs unless he changes things round imo. He’s been found out.
Rick

Post by Rick »

He found a winning 11 through trial and error first half of the season, stuck with it religiously and that rocketed us up the league. Then after the international break fatigue and injuries butchered us and now he's back to square one pissing about trying to find solutions all over again. Seeing Shackleton and Joffy running about really hit that home for me, gone full circle. Fans see as clear as day Archie has been anonymous in midfield in the league since being moved there and Piroe cannot lead the line etc. At this point though we don't have time for him to figure this out for himself like he did with Rutter earlier in the season. We can just observe in horror as Piroe then gets pushed to midfield second half with Kamara sat on the bench. Nonsensical.

90 points should've been enough though like you say. A great achievement considering what things looked like in August. However, he's been clueless to prevent this capitulation in the last month or two. He just doesn't know what to do and it all seems a bit hit-and-hope, just like every sub he makes.

I was prepared for missing out due to how mad this season has been but not like this. Really sour end. We need Ipswich to hand us promotion on a plate because we've become incapable of taking it. Failing that just need to pray he has solutions in time for the play-offs.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 am
He found a winning 11 through trial and error first half of the season, stuck with it religiously and that rocketed us up the league. Then after the international break fatigue and injuries butchered us and now he's back to square one pissing about trying to find solutions all over again. Seeing Shackleton and Joffy running about really hit that home for me, gone full circle. Fans see as clear as day Archie has been anonymous in midfield in the league since being moved there and Piroe cannot lead the line etc. At this point though we don't have time for him to figure this out for himself like he did with Rutter earlier in the season. We can just observe in horror as Piroe then gets pushed to midfield second half with Kamara sat on the bench. Nonsensical.

90 points should've been enough though like you say. A great achievement considering what things looked like in August. However, he's been clueless to prevent this capitulation in the last month or two. He just doesn't know what to do and it all seems a bit hit-and-hope, just like every sub he makes.

I was prepared for missing out due to how mad this season has been but not like this. Really sour end. We need Ipswich to hand us promotion on a plate because we've become incapable of taking it. Failing that just need to pray he has solutions in time for the play-offs.
I’ve said it before, 90 points just shows how shit all but a couple of teams are. With what we have available we should have been on over a Hundred points before we kicked off last night. It’s not us doing fantastically brilliantly it’s others doing fantastically poorly. Proper pissed off with Mr farke.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Before the season started nobody expected us to get 100 points Sid, certainly not the bookies. We had 2 jewels seen as the ones to fire us back up. Sini and Gnonto. We tried to keep both, but kept only one, against his will, which led to a rift. Ampadu, Kamara, Gruev unknown quantities. At this point folk would've been happy with top 6 before a ball was kicked. Nobody knew what to expect from this squad.

Our 2 key attackers (Summerville and Rutter) were actually seen as fringe players among fans in August that we hopefully wouldnt have to rely on, and Dan James a forgotten nobody.

It wasn't til these players became revelations that folk's expectations shifted and it became the general consensus among the league that leeds have the best attack.

I'm not here to defend Farke with this post, I'm fuming with him cos he's made a mess of this run-in. However, saying we're on 90 points cos the league is shit and we should be on 100 points if it wasn't for Farke is very reductionist imo. This is because it ignores any possibility that Farke was the influence behind the spectacular emergence of these fringe players.

For a team to underachieve the players within it would have to underachieve, however most of our players across the board have exceeded expectations.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm Before the season started nobody expected us to get 100 points Sid, certainly not the bookies. We had 2 jewels seen as the ones to fire us back up. Sini and Gnonto. We tried to keep both, but kept only one, against his will, which led to a rift. Ampadu, Kamara, Gruev unknown quantities. At this point folk would've been happy with top 6 before a ball was kicked. Nobody knew what to expect from this squad.

Our 2 key attackers (Summerville and Rutter) were actually seen as fringe players among fans in August that we hopefully wouldnt have to rely on, and Dan James a forgotten nobody.

It wasn't til these players became revelations that folk's expectations shifted and it became the general consensus among the league that leeds have the best attack.

I'm not here to defend Farke with this post, I'm fuming with him cos he's made a mess of this run-in. However, saying we're on 90 points cos the league is shit and we should be on 100 points if it wasn't for Farke is very reductionist imo. This is because it ignores any possibility that Farke was the influence behind the spectacular emergence of these fringe players.

For a team to underachieve the players within it would have to underachieve, however most of our players across the board have exceeded expectations.
I said from the off wasn’t sold on Farke and his tactics,see his reports from clubs after Norwich , We had most of that squad in place at the start of the season, Not much really changed, he’d been in place long enough to know what each player was about ( or should have at least) Yes players have come good in patches but the issue for me since day one has been his inability to play to our Strengths. It’s like watchin grass grow when it should be turbo charged. I’ve not changed my original opinion on him, if you care to go back to when he was appointed i was far from sure about him, too many silly lazy games with valuable points dropped. Just think back over games we lost away, not many there where we shouldn’t have taken the points, that’s why i’m saying should have had 100 plus points, Odd game we won when shouldn’t have but over all the one’s we should have win but didn’t out number those. I think he’s pretty poor tactically, nice enough fella but that doesn’t get you promoted. Big opportunity gone imo. Keep him and i reckon be similar story next year. This club deserves better, 69 ers should be going out and getting the best they can find, think it was their advice originally to Radz n co when they bought in, Should now take their own advice or risk same shit going forward whilst never developing ER as stuck in the twilight zone.