QPR v Leeds

Rick

Re: QPR v Leeds

Post by Rick »

West Brom losing and Nowrich drawing. So far it means Hull with everything to play for tonight v Ipswich.

Why do I do it to myself?
Titman

Post by Titman »

So who’s the answer then? I’m seeing shit loads of ‘Farke out’ and ‘sack him’ but have yet to see any sort of suggestion as to who should replace him.
And fwiw, I still think this is broken, lopsided squad.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 pm So who’s the answer then? I’m seeing shit loads of ‘Farke out’ and ‘sack him’ but have yet to see any sort of suggestion as to who should replace him.
He won't get sacked anyway. I doubt anyone's ever been sacked after averaging 2 points a game. The logical thing to do is give him the best squad possible (PSR permitting) and try recreate it next year.

Though a Farke team without Summerville
does worry me.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm
Titman wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 pm So who’s the answer then? I’m seeing shit loads of ‘Farke out’ and ‘sack him’ but have yet to see any sort of suggestion as to who should replace him.
He won't get sacked anyway. I doubt anyone's ever been sacked after averaging 2 points a game. The logical thing to do is give him the best squad possible (PSR permitting) and try recreate it next year.

Though a Farke team without Summerville
does worry me.
One of Gnonto or Rutter is better suited to that side. Don’t see us selling all 3.
But for the goals aspect we need to be better from center mid and attacking set pieces.
Sid

Post by Sid »

As i said earlier, The 69 ers should be going out and finding the best they can get, Someone who will invest in their project. Someone who is prepared to drop into the championship and move up with us. Plenty of options out there if they go looking. Still a big draw as a club but we cannot risk “ dicking about in the championship” for much longer, we are already way way behind too many other clubs. Farke has had a free pass imo with the team he has available, issue is he doesn’t know what to do with them. 2 pts per game, 90 points blah blah blah, as i’ve said just shows how bad most of the league is. We should have been home and dry by now. I’d wish him well, give him our thanks and send him on his way after play offs win or loose.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:17 pm
As i said earlier, The 69 ers should be going out and finding the best they can get, Someone who will invest in their project. Someone who is prepared to drop into the championship and move up with us. Plenty of options out there if they go looking. Still a big draw as a club but we cannot risk “ dicking about in the championship” for much longer, we are already way way behind too many other clubs. Farke has had a free pass imo with the team he has available, issue is he doesn’t know what to do with them. 2 pts per game, 90 points blah blah blah, as i’ve said just shows how bad most of the league is. We should have been home and dry by now. I’d wish him well, give him our thanks and send him on his way after play offs win or loose.
I think anyone would be on board with us getting a managerial coup. Won't be anyone with Prem pedigree or anyone with a better Champ record than Farke mind. Seen people mentioning likes of Potter, no chance he'd drop down to the Champ.

It would have to be from abroad if we want someone experienced in a top league. I think the pool of names whom would fit the bill/be willing to come wouldn't excite you very much Sid.

Most appointments in this League only turn out to be brilliant in retrospect, and nearly all have question marks against their name upon arrival. Last 2 winners of the league, Enzo Maresca and Vincent Kompany, for example.

If we manage to win promotion it's a different story.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Zero chance we get a ‘name’ to drop down. Forget all that. Won’t happen. Bielsa was a 1 off. Potter :lol: :lol: :lol:
You’d be looking at Scott Parker, getting someone to move sideways, Corberan, etc. or taking a punt on someone unknown or unproven in this division.
But that’s how this usually works isn’t it? You rely on someone who knows the job or you’re gambling on finding the next Farke, McKenna. No guarantees.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 am Zero chance we get a ‘name’ to drop down. Forget all that. Won’t happen. Bielsa was a 1 off. Potter :lol: :lol: :lol:
You’d be looking at Scott Parker, getting someone to move sideways, Corberan, etc. or taking a punt on someone unknown or unproven in this division.
But that’s how this usually works isn’t it? You rely on someone who knows the job or you’re gambling on finding the next Farke, McKenna. No guarantees.
A few things make me think Farke already knows he's got a second season anyway. His demeanour isn't that of someone who's job is on the line. He's calm and content with things despite the setbacks, almost jovial. From what I've read he set the players a goal of 92 points and 75 goals. He'll have no doubt stated this to the board during his interview in which it was mainly him informing them what it takes. He's on course to pretty much deliver that. Anyone at the club doing a risk/reward assessment regarding managerial change will be led by the data, which points to going again as is. They won't go on hunches. The end of season has given me a hunch the guy has serious short comings and a low ceiling, but even I would give him a second year based on the data, considering the alternatives.
Sid

Post by Sid »

I don’t get this no- one out there lark or the Scott Parker bull, If the 69ers want someone and will pay they will come, It’s a mercenary sport after all. I though think there is someone out there who would like the job as a project, someone who wants to build something, I don’t think we need one of the overpaid big names, we need someone who can get what is a very strong base of a squad playing as a team, Farke is a nice enough fella, just he doesn’t seem to have given the team that togetherness, that passion and worst of all the speed and pace of play it’s crying out for. You play to your strengths but we seem not to do that. It’s a real shame as i really would have liked him to succeed but as i’ve said since day one, he just seems to lack something, that little bit extra, that passion, drive what ever you want to call it.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 am I don’t get this no- one out there lark or the Scott Parker bull, If the 69ers want someone and will pay they will come, It’s a mercenary sport after all. I though think there is someone out there who would like the job as a project, someone who wants to build something, I don’t think we need one of the overpaid big names, we need someone who can get what is a very strong base of a squad playing as a team, Farke is a nice enough fella, just he doesn’t seem to have given the team that togetherness, that passion and worst of all the speed and pace of play it’s crying out for. You play to your strengths but we seem not to do that. It’s a real shame as i really would have liked him to succeed but as i’ve said since day one, he just seems to lack something, that little bit extra, that passion, drive what ever you want to call it.
I'm sure if it was that simple it would happen everytime a club is relegated. Out of work prem managers would be hired by any fucker with parachute payments. As such, high profile appointments are rare in the Champ. As for selling the club as a project, I'm sure every club does that anyway. Though Leeds is rather unique in that regard no doubt. Ultimate sleeping giant.

Sounds to me you want Bielsa mk 2. 69ers even tried to get him back so they're obviously thinking ambitiously. Perhaps they've already searched for a profile you're suggesting and found nobody. Who knows.

Leicester piss money away for fun, won the Prem recently but couldn't find anyone more high profile than Enzo. I'm sure they looked everywhere.