QPR v Leeds

Sid

Re: QPR v Leeds

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am
Sid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:31 am I don’t get this no- one out there lark or the Scott Parker bull, If the 69ers want someone and will pay they will come, It’s a mercenary sport after all. I though think there is someone out there who would like the job as a project, someone who wants to build something, I don’t think we need one of the overpaid big names, we need someone who can get what is a very strong base of a squad playing as a team, Farke is a nice enough fella, just he doesn’t seem to have given the team that togetherness, that passion and worst of all the speed and pace of play it’s crying out for. You play to your strengths but we seem not to do that. It’s a real shame as i really would have liked him to succeed but as i’ve said since day one, he just seems to lack something, that little bit extra, that passion, drive what ever you want to call it.
I'm sure if it was that simple it would happen everytime a club is relegated. Out of work prem managers would be hired by any fucker with parachute payments. As such, high profile appointments are rare in the Champ. As for selling the club as a project, I'm sure every club does that anyway. Though Leeds is rather unique in that regard no doubt. Ultimate sleeping giant.

Sounds to me you want Bielsa mk 2. 69ers even tried to get him back so they're obviously thinking ambitiously. Perhaps they've already searched for a profile you're suggesting and found nobody. Who knows.

Leicester piss money away for fun, won the Prem recently but couldn't find anyone more high profile than Enzo. I'm sure they looked everywhere.
Doesn’t need a Bielsa though that would be very nice. If you want an example of someone making things work you don’t have to look much further than Ipswich, or even given last game QPR ( be interesting to see how they go next season). I don’t rate prem managers as such, slanted playing field to say the least. We need someone who can see what the team needs, knows how to set up to it’s strengths and knows how to improve the problem positions and adapt his tactics to fit. Motivation is also important obviously. Farke doesn’t seem capable of doing much of that to me, same old same old, sometimes it works but once others have sussed him much less so. He just stands there zipped up over his face, no animation no instructions no passion. All he has is a silly little arm wave to fans when he gets away with things. He’s marmite tbh and i don’t like marmite. 🙃
Titman

Post by Titman »

So there you have it Sid. You’ve said it. But the trick is finding the next McKenna. They don’t grow on trees.
Farke is on a 4 year deal. I don’t see our owners terminating it any time soon. Wouldn’t make financial sense.
Titman

Post by Titman »

And Marmite is awesome
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 pm So there you have it Sid. You’ve said it. But the trick is finding the next McKenna. They don’t grow on trees.
Farke is on a 4 year deal. I don’t see our owners terminating it any time soon. Wouldn’t make financial sense.
I fear another year of frustration then. Just glad i don’t pay to go watch his tepid style of football. Hard enough watching it from here let alone in the stands.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 pm And Marmite is awesome
Tasted it once on toast,didn’t like, not sure what other ways of eating are popular but that once put me off for life.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 pm
Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 pm So there you have it Sid. You’ve said it. But the trick is finding the next McKenna. They don’t grow on trees.
I fear another year of frustration then. Just glad i don’t pay to go watch his tepid style of football. Hard enough watching it from here let alone in the stands.
He gets next year for me. With comings and goings we should see more of a balanced squad (imo). Think everything at end of last season - delayed TO, rats and the downing of tools in August did us no favours whatsoever. Anyway, no excuses come August.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 pm
He gets next year for me. With comings and goings we should see more of a balanced squad (imo). Think everything at end of last season - delayed TO, rats and the downing of tools in August did us no favours whatsoever. Anyway, no excuses come August.
You have more confidence than me. I hope you are right for all those who still spend on the club. On a plus side i must say that in an odd way i prefer the attitude of the championship over that of the Prem. And that var bollox is far worse than any marmite. Game is dead in the prem for me.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:51 pm
Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 pm

You have more confidence than me. I hope you are right for all those who still spend on the club. On a plus side i must say that in an odd way i prefer the attitude of the championship over that of the Prem. And that var bollox is far worse than any marmite. Game is dead in the prem for me.
Championship is a good honest league no doubt. But ultimately I wanna be entertained by top players. My best memories are of McAllister, Wallace, Yeboah, Viduka, Raphinha etc. Not the likes of Luke Varney, Paul Green with the odd half decent player like McCormack thrown in.

BTW I'd love Kieran McKenna here. Would swap him with Farke in a heartbeat. Taking a punt on the next one is too risky though. Southampton took a punt on an up and coming promising Championship manager but he's not worked out as hoped.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I once put a dollop of marmite in some gravy I was making. I'd read online it added richness. Ruined my bangers and mash. Was like a gob full of ear wax. Spent half hour caremalising the bastard onions anorl. A dark day.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:13 pm I once put a dollop of marmite in some gravy I was making. I'd read online it added richness. Ruined my bangers and mash. Was like a gob full of ear wax. Spent half hour caremalising the bastard onions anorl. A dark day.
Sad Day.