Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Rick

Re: Zebbys Leeds United General discussion

Post by Rick »

11th highest wage bill in the prem. 10th most expensive squad. 4th highest spenders that season. All spent on shite, currently on loan running their contracts down.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Victor Orta.

Sacka da board sacka da board eth eth eth eth
Sid

Post by Sid »

Piroe best be firing today, should have gone with Joseph perhaps
Rick

Post by Rick »

Have any experts or journos suggested exactly what kind of funds we'd have to generate through player sales next season if we're still in the Champ?

I've browsed the released accounts but I'm no expert and fuck knows what the exact details are on all that money still owed in transfer fees.
Titman

Post by Titman »

PSR wise we’re fine. Cooper, Dallas, Ayling & Shacks all out of contract. Big thing is what we need to pay back to other clubs.
Almost certainly lose Summerville & probably Gnonto although both would be for healthy profits and you’d like to think we’d get something like 60m for the pair. I’d like to think we resist on Gray but if the offer is huge…
I don’t think Rutter goes unless we get really desperate. Just can’t see anyone paying what we’d need. Be a complete carthorse in the PL. Can’t see Rodon signing permanently if we don’t go up.
As for the rats it’s hard to tell who goes and who we’re stuck with. Any sort of fee now for Harrison is pure profit so that’s a plus.
We’re led to believe that Betis will sign Roca but wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest that they want to renegotiate.
Mixed signals over Wober. To break even on Aaronson someone would have to cough up around £15m.
Ideally we’d only lose Summerville but I think that’s overly optimistic.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:45 pm PSR wise we’re fine. Cooper, Dallas, Ayling & Shacks all out of contract. Big thing is what we need to pay back to other clubs.
Almost certainly lose Summerville & probably Gnonto although both would be for healthy profits and you’d like to think we’d get something like 60m for the pair. I’d like to think we resist on Gray but if the offer is huge…
I don’t think Rutter goes unless we get really desperate. Just can’t see anyone paying what we’d need. Be a complete carthorse in the PL. Can’t see Rodon signing permanently if we don’t go up.
As for the rats it’s hard to tell who goes and who we’re stuck with. Any sort of fee now for Harrison is pure profit so that’s a plus.
We’re led to believe that Betis will sign Roca but wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest that they want to renegotiate.
Mixed signals over Wober. To break even on Aaronson someone would have to cough up around £15m.
Ideally we’d only lose Summerville but I think that’s overly optimistic.
Aye, Summerville, Gnonto and Gray do seem the obvious possible outgoings. Sounds like we could really benefit from some shrewd loans next season if we're still down here. That Hutchinson at Ipswich was a brilliant loan for them. Someone of his ilk would be decent to replace Summerville or Gnonto. Maybe we can at least loan Anthony back. Dunno

I guess a front 4 of James, Rutter, Anthony and Bamford, with Piroe, Joseph and another loan winger as back-up is still strong at this level.

Struijk and Ampadu CB pairing also seems very strong for this level.

Gruev and Kamara decent enough MC partnership.

Just trying to figure out what kinda team we could put out if worst comes to worst. Joseph breaking through as a new superstar would certainly help.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this anyway. Huge next 3 games.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Archie Gray has just won EFL young player of the season. Ampadu, Rutter and Summerville EFL team of the season.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:27 pm Archie Gray has just won EFL young player of the season. Ampadu, Rutter and Summerville EFL team of the season.
I'd go all Brian Clough on Rutter when he returns. "Right young man, you can throw that award in the biggest fuckin bin...."

Only joking, well deserved all of em. Pre op Rutter was a force of nature.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Summerville named player of the season.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Sportswitness reporting that Betis won’t be taking up the buy option for Roca. Should we stay in Championship Roca is apparently entitled to another loan.
If that’s the case you’d have to think he’s not the only one.
Rick

Post by Rick »

It will be all of them. Aaronson, Roca, Harrison, Kristensen, Wober. If Roca's loan clause is rolling the rest will be too.

Aaronson is so wank he probably won't find a club in a top league next season so will be back here anyway if we fail to get promotion. No doubt with some bullshit PR that he has unfinished business here.