QPR v Leeds

Sid

Re: QPR v Leeds

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 pm
Sid wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:51 pm
Titman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 pm
He gets next year for me. With comings and goings we should see more of a balanced squad (imo). Think everything at end of last season - delayed TO, rats and the downing of tools in August did us no favours whatsoever. Anyway, no excuses come August.
You have more confidence than me. I hope you are right for all those who still spend on the club. On a plus side i must say that in an odd way i prefer the attitude of the championship over that of the Prem. And that var bollox is far worse than any marmite. Game is dead in the prem for me.
Championship is a good honest league no doubt. But ultimately I wanna be entertained by top players. My best memories are of McAllister, Wallace, Yeboah, Viduka, Raphinha etc. Not the likes of Luke Varney, Paul Green with the odd half decent player like McCormack thrown in.

BTW I'd love Kieran McKenna here. Would swap him with Farke in a heartbeat. Taking a punt on the next one is too risky though. Southampton took a punt on an up and coming promising Championship manager but he's not worked out as hoped.
I’m not saying anyone in particular, I’m just saying they are out there. As i said The 69ers advice was get best you can afford, I really hope they follow it.
Sid

Post by Sid »

I’ve seen Ipswich play several times this season, and their performance has been consistently outstanding. They exhibit a relentless attacking style, moving the ball swiftly and frequently directing it into dangerous areas. The team's desire is palpable, with every player showing a fierce determination to win.

So, fair play if they get autos!

Saw this earlier this morning. Sums up everything we don’t do.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 am I’ve seen Ipswich play several times this season, and their performance has been consistently outstanding. They exhibit a relentless attacking style, moving the ball swiftly and frequently directing it into dangerous areas. The team's desire is palpable, with every player showing a fierce determination to win.

All spot on. I've watched about a dozen or so. They're so aggressive. They score every type of goal imaginable, corners, free kicks, long shots, long balls to striker to hold it up and play someone in, moments of magic from their wingers, endless crosses from Davies. They're always on the front foot. Always trying to get in behind. Every attack seems to end in chaos in the opposition penalty area.

Unless Jimmy or Rutter manages to go on a mazy run we're unlikely to score recently. Our center mids won't even shoot and I've more chance of winning lottery than seeing us score from a set piece.

Ipswich are suspect at the back though, and on any day they can score or conceded 3 or 4. If Coventry are up for it, big if, they can do a job on them.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Leeds should of pissed this league with there squad anything other than automatic promotion is a failure. There's simply no excuse for it. We have easily the best squad in the league and there's basically 4 half decent teams including leeds. Folk need to start taking off there rose tinted glasses. They also need to actually stop being sheeple as well. Player rotation, use of substitutes, corners, set pieces, pace of attack, breaking down sitting teams .. all could of been substantially better. Leeds are not Norwich in small city team in the middle of nowhere. There is far more expectation on the Leeds manager especially when youve access to Summerville Rutter Gnonto/James .. just how tf do you at this level struggle to break teams down. That's probably the fastest line with leeds attacking building at OAP pace.
Farkes done just about ok if he gets us up. Hes not been spectacular with the resources hes had at his disposal. He did better at Norwich with a far weaker squad overall.
Points tallies from previous seasons are totally irrelevant.
If they don't get up they're right back to 2018 because gnonto, rutter, Summerville, james, rodon won't be bought, gray, Creswell, gelhardt, wober, aranason, llorente, Struijk will all be gone for bargain prices .. this was leeds one and only chance to do it the easy way .. next season will not be easy. Its going to be miles harder..

Another opinion just seen.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 am
Sid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 am I’ve seen Ipswich play several times this season, and their performance has been consistently outstanding. They exhibit a relentless attacking style, moving the ball swiftly and frequently directing it into dangerous areas. The team's desire is palpable, with every player showing a fierce determination to win.

All spot on. I've watched about a dozen or so. They're so aggressive. They score every type of goal imaginable, corners, free kicks, long shots, long balls to striker to hold it up and play someone in, moments of magic from their wingers, endless crosses from Davies. They're always on the front foot. Always trying to get in behind. Every attack seems to end in chaos in the opposition penalty area.

Unless Jimmy or Rutter manages to go on a mazy run we're unlikely to score recently. Our center mids won't even shoot and I've more chance of winning lottery than seeing us score from a set piece.

Ipswich are suspect at the back though, and on any day they can score or conceded 3 or 4. If Coventry are up for it, big if, they can do a job on them.
But this is exactly what we should be doing, Defense is what it is but fuck me we have pace to burn but don’t ever use it. Tippy tappy bollox all season. Mental.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am Leeds should of pissed this league with there squad anything other than automatic promotion is a failure. There's simply no excuse for it. We have easily the best squad in the league and there's basically 4 half decent teams including leeds. Folk need to start taking off there rose tinted glasses. They also need to actually stop being sheeple as well. Player rotation, use of substitutes, corners, set pieces, pace of attack, breaking down sitting teams .. all could of been substantially better. Leeds are not Norwich in small city team in the middle of nowhere. There is far more expectation on the Leeds manager especially when youve access to Summerville Rutter Gnonto/James .. just how tf do you at this level struggle to break teams down. That's probably the fastest line with leeds attacking building at OAP pace.
Farkes done just about ok if he gets us up. Hes not been spectacular with the resources hes had at his disposal. He did better at Norwich with a far weaker squad overall.
If they don't get up they're right back to 2018 because gnonto, rutter, Summerville, james, rodon won't be bought, gray, Creswell, gelhardt, wober, aranason, llorente, Struijk will all be gone for bargain prices .. this was leeds one and only chance to do it the easy way .. next season will not be easy. Its going to be miles harder..

I understand his frustration but there's no way we have a better squad than Leicester. Only Summerville and one of Ampadu or Rodon would get in their starting 11.

Our squad is probably on par with Southampton's.

Take Ipswich out of the equation and the order of the top 3 would be what I'd expect tbh. Though that doesn't excuse our form dropping off a cliff in the final straight. Context is everything and that's a huge failure.
Sid

Post by Sid »

:evil:
Rick wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 am
Sid wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am Leeds should of pissed this league with there squad anything other than automatic promotion is a failure. There's simply no excuse for it. We have easily the best squad in the league and there's basically 4 half decent teams including leeds. Folk need to start taking off there rose tinted glasses. They also need to actually stop being sheeple as well. Player rotation, use of substitutes, corners, set pieces, pace of attack, breaking down sitting teams .. all could of been substantially better. Leeds are not Norwich in small city team in the middle of nowhere. There is far more expectation on the Leeds manager especially when youve access to Summerville Rutter Gnonto/James .. just how tf do you at this level struggle to break teams down. That's probably the fastest line with leeds attacking building at OAP pace.

I understand his frustration but there's no way we have a better squad than Leicester. Only Summerville and one of Ampadu or Rodon would get in their starting 11.

Our squad is probably on par with Southampton's.

Take Ipswich out of the equation and the order of the top 3 would be what I'd expect tbh. Though that doesn't excuse our form dropping off a cliff in the final straight. Context is everything and that's a huge failure.
I think it’s more his observations agreeing with mine. I feel our squad is up there with Leicesters, i feel it hasn’t been used correctly, seems i’m not alone.
Hampshirewhites

Post by Hampshirewhites »

Apart from when they played us.
Saying that ive seen them ha a bucket load of luck
Sid

Post by Sid »

Hampshirewhites wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:12 pm

Apart from when they played us.
Saying that ive seen them ha a bucket load of luck
That is without a doubt correct but you make your own luck.
Bit like you don’t shoot you don’t score.
Unfortunately we are more the latter.