General Football

Rick

Re: General Football

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 pm
Rick wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 pm Not a bad start to the day.
As much as we could have hoped for pal
They had a really strong lineup this time, but game just followed recent trends. They miss loads of chances, concede, then just stroll about without breaking sweat. Never any urgency to get back in it.

Their fans think they're fucked. Hard to disagree. Looking like biggest bottle job in recent history.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Boro equaliser. Puts those twats back in their grief hole.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Blackburn attack is wank
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 pm Blackburn attack is wank
Had to turn it off. They're utterly clueless in the final third. Ipswich been shite anorl. Lucky goal as per.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 pm
Sid wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 pm Blackburn attack is wank
Had to turn it off. They're utterly clueless in the final third. Ipswich been shite anorl. Lucky goal as per.
Unbelievably shit game. Two shit teams
Sid

Post by Sid »

Just seen the disallowed goal in first half, not sure how that is offside these days, not in anyones eye line and didn’t touch it i dont think, Didn’t think foul on keeper in second half either. Ref seemed to well out of position for most of what i saw.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 pm Just seen the disallowed goal in first half, not sure how that is offside these days, not in anyones eye line and didn’t touch it i dont think, Didn’t think foul on keeper in second half either. Ref seemed to well out of position for most of what i saw.
Looked a perfectly fine goal to me. Officials seem to have given the benefit of their doubt to the defending team, which is odd.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Kalvin not having a great time at West Ham. Filmed sticking his finger up at fans. They think he's utter tripe. Had a quick glance at their forum cos I'm bored and they think the lad is either cursed or simply nothing without Bielsa.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am Kalvin not having a great time at West Ham. Filmed sticking his finger up at fans. They think he's utter tripe. Had a quick glance at their forum cos I'm bored and they think the lad is either cursed or simply nothing without Bielsa.
I think it displays exactly how good Bielsa was, he had his system and drilled the players to fit that system. I can’t think of one player that managed to keep the Bielsa performance level after his departure. He really did turn sow’s ears into silk purses.
I think the second part of Kalvins issue is that he started to believe his own hype, became a bit of a billy big bollox, Truth is if you don’t put in the hard miles you won’t perform at the top level. Shame really
Rick

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:41 am
Rick wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am Kalvin not having a great time at West Ham. Filmed sticking his finger up at fans. They think he's utter tripe. Had a quick glance at their forum cos I'm bored and they think the lad is either cursed or simply nothing without Bielsa.
I think it displays exactly how good Bielsa was, he had his system and drilled the players to fit that system. I can’t think of one player that managed to keep the Bielsa performance level after his departure. He really did turn sow’s ears into silk purses.
I think the second part of Kalvins issue is that he started to believe his own hype, became a bit of a billy big bollox, Truth is if you don’t put in the hard miles you won’t perform at the top level. Shame really
Absolutely, seeing state of Cooper Friday night makes ya wonder how it was even possible to take us top half of Prem with the shite Bielsa had to work with. Nothing short of a miracle worker.

Read a while back Phillips showed up overweight pre-season at Man City which sealed his fate. Also looking at ridiculous clobber he started wearing towards the end at Leeds also seems to suggest things got to his head a bit.

I don't think he is the sharpest tool in the box tbh. Lovely lad though. Bielsa saw he could pass and was strong in the challenge and had a role suited to him, laid every action on a plate for him, scripted him. Lad doesn't have the football nous needed at the very top imo. Though a very, very good player if mentored in the right way.