General Football

Titman

Re: General Football

Post by Titman »

Sounds like Leicester are shitting themselves. Think they were planning on taking a fine from EFL for being in breach of PSR once they were safely up in the PL. Bit like they and others have done before. Don’t think they were expecting a set of gaping jaws waiting for them at the end of that particular tunnel.
Told the PL they didn’t have to submit accounts on time for last season because they’re an EFL club and told the EFL they didn’t have to submit their business plan back in December because it would take into account last season and they were an EPL club….
Rick

Post by Rick »

Titman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:16 pm Sounds like Leicester are shitting themselves. Think they were planning on taking a fine from EFL for being in breach of PSR once they were safely up in the PL. Bit like they and others have done before. Don’t think they were expecting a set of gaping jaws waiting for them at the end of that particular tunnel.
Told the PL they didn’t have to submit accounts on time for last season because they’re an EFL club and told the EFL they didn’t have to submit their business plan back in December because it would take into account last season and they were an EPL club….
Is there any chance they get punished this season? I've not been following this very closely.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Rick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:34 pm
Titman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:16 pm Sounds like Leicester are shitting themselves. Think they were planning on taking a fine from EFL for being in breach of PSR once they were safely up in the PL. Bit like they and others have done before. Don’t think they were expecting a set of gaping jaws waiting for them at the end of that particular tunnel.
Is there any chance they get punished this season? I've not been following this very closely.
Not really. So little time left.
Rick

Post by Rick »

At least all this negativity surrounding them could further derail their season.
Titman

Post by Titman »

What I am wondering though, is if we the first double points deductions though. Sounds like they’re nailed on to walk into -6 if they go up. But I think the EFL may well hit them with a pending points deduction (if they do indeed go up) rather than a fine. Sounds like they’re now fed up with clubs breaching spending rules, going up and paying what amounts to a small fine with PL millions.
Titman

Post by Titman »

I’ll post the Athletic article in a dept thread
Rick

Post by Rick »

Nice one. Cheers
Rick

Post by Rick »

First England game ive watched in ages. Been a while since I've watched my team draw a blank. Think I'll stick to Leeds United.

Saw an interesting comment on't BBC. No matter what the situation is during a match, Southgate sets us up like we're protecting a 1 goal lead.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Rick wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 pm First England game ive watched in ages. Been a while since I've watched my team draw a blank. Think I'll stick to Leeds United.

Saw an interesting comment on't BBC. No matter what the situation is during a match, Southgate sets us up like we're protecting a 1 goal lead.
Said it many a time, we would have won trophies but for him.
Titman

Post by Titman »

Ivan Toney must have been wondering what was the point of being there. Watkins was anonymous. Gallagher & Chilwell awful.